Open Date: 01/28/2020
Requisition Number: 004-2020
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Reports to: Director of Finance
Location: Valley Center, CA
OPPORTUNITY: The role of Accountant I is vital to the efficient functioning of Rincon. This position, under direct supervision, is responsible for assisting higher level accountants to establish, review, revise and maintain control of fiscal record-keeping functions in an accounting department, or audits the fiscal records and accounting procedures of special projects, grants or other departments. This position maintains a thorough working knowledge of and adheres to tribal policies, regulations and procedures. The role also interacts with the Tribal community and provides the highest level of customer service.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE AND/OR TRAINING: High School Diploma or GED. Associates degree (AA) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school or one or more year’s related experience and/or training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. College degree is preferred. WORK-RELATED KNOWLEDGE: Accounting principles and practices; general business laws and budgeting methods; ability to analyze data, understand and apply the principles, laws, procedures involved in the accounting and auditing functions; examine and verify records; must have good organizational skills, able to work fast and still be efficient; maintain records and prepare complete, accurate and easy to read accounting, statistical and narrative reports.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS: Valid driver’s license.
- Establishes, reviews revises and maintains controls on fiscal record-keeping functions.
- Examines and analyzes fiscal record-keeping systems and procedures.
- Examines, analyzes and verifies fiscal documents such as vouchers, warrants, requisitions, purchase orders, receiving records and invoices.
- Prepares trial balances, reconciliations, work sheets and schedules.
- Prepares or assists in the preparation of a variety of accounting, statistical and narrative reports.
- Reviews, evaluates and may assist in the preparation and maintenance of the budget and internal controls.
- Prepares or assists in the preparation of recommendations for the installation of new or revised accounting cost systems, procedures and records.
- Reviews the classification and distribution of income and expenditures to proper accounts.
- Develop routine rates or cost models.
- Assist with the tracking of financial progress of federal or state grants. Assist with the filing of reports required to maintain compliance and/or receive reimbursement.
- Routinely exhibit proficiency and be able to easily operate all accounting modules through trial balance reports prepared for senior staff review and approval, as well as all support software (Word, Excel and Power Point).
- Attend required meetings and trainings.
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
HOW TO APPLY: Submit a resume to the Human Resources Department, One Government Center Ln., Valley Center, California 92082, or e-mail to email@example.com
Tribal preference will be given to eligible Rincon Tribal Members who meet the minimum qualifications. Background investigation, drug and alcohol screening is required as a condition of employment. Rincon Band of Luiseño Indians is an equal opportunity employer.