Open Date: 08/02/2021
Closing Date: Until Filled
Requisition Number: 004-2021
Department: Education Dept.
Classification: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Salary: Commensurate w/ Experience
Location: Valley Center, CA
Under the general supervision to perform specialized and responsible clerical and secretarial functions in an education school setting; to relieve the Education Manager of clerical detail and to do other related work as required. The role of the Administrative Assistant I is vital to the efficient functioning of Recreation Education & Youth Services – Educational Department. This position will assist the organization with a wide variety of administrative duties, supporting the Education Department that will ensure customer satisfaction and the ability to provide effective and consistent support. This position maintains a thorough working knowledge of and adheres to tribal policies, regulations and procedures.
The following duties are typical for this classification. Incumbents may not perform all of the listed duties and/or may be required to perform additional or different duties from those set forth below to address business needs and changing business practices.
- Orders supplies and maintains adequate office inventory ensuring an overall efficient and effective work area.
- Accurately, swiftly and cordially respond to broad range of inquiries, oral and written, incorporating appropriate Tribal polices with tact, poise, maturity, clarity, and independent judgment in the return communication.
- Provides general administrative support as needed to include typing memos and letters, organizes files, processes invoices, copying, proofreading, data entry and preparation of correspondence.
- Prepares reports, spreadsheets, databases, presentations and other documents using Microsoft Office software.
- Collects, compiles and analyzes information from various sources and creates into a report or presentation.
- Provides services to assist in maintain an atmosphere, attitudes, and actions conducive to a learning environment.
- Coordinates travel arrangements for staff members; works with staff to ensure that all computer problems are addressed.
- Provides forms to employees and customers, and provides basic and routine information regarding departmental policies and procedures.
- Understand and carry out oral and written directions.
- Receive, open, sort, and route mail.
- May be required to work directly with internal department.
- Participates in special projects utilizing specific skill set, experience and knowledge.
- General administrative duties as assigned. Attends required meetings and trainings.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Attends required meetings and trainings.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE AND/OR TRAINING
- Graduation from a U.S. high school, G.E.D. or equivalent from a U.S. institution, or a California High School Proficiency Examination (CHSPE) certificate is required.
- Additional specialized course work in public administration, business administration, or related field is desirable.
- Two years of college (Associates Degree) or equivalent, preferred.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Five (5) years (full-time equivalent) of increasingly responsible administrative, secretarial, and clerical experience including two (2) years as a secretary in a large department or organizational unit or as secretary for a complex technical function.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
The following license and certification are required to be maintained throughout employment and are not subject to waiver:
- Valid California Driver’s License. Must maintain a satisfactory driving record with the DMV.
- Notary Public, preferred
- Provides well-organized and clearly written information.
- Utilizes appropriate grammar, punctuation, and accuracy in written correspondence, manuals, or publications.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships, communicate accurately, effectively and courteously orally and in writing to a diverse audience often under busy and/or difficult situation.
The Rincon Band of Luiseño Indians offers a comprehensive and competitive benefit package for full-time and qualifying part-time employees. Benefit include the following:
- Health & Wellness Coverage: Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) Accrual
- Holidays: Full-time employees and qualifying part-time employees are eligible for eleven (11) full paid holidays, and four (4) half day (4 hours) paid holidays.
- Comprehensive Annual Performance & Merit Reviews
- Job Training based on Business Needs
- Life and Long Term Disability: $100,000 employer paid Life Insurance and Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts: Healthcare and Dependent care reimbursement accounts
- Supplemental Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Supplemental Coverage: Disability, Accident, Cancer, Life and Hospital Confinement
- Retirement: 401(k) retirement plan with a generous employer match
- Company Events: Rincon Tribal Government holds great social events for employees and occasionally raffle many prizes.