Open Date: 06/30/2020
Closing Date: Until Filled
Requisition Number: 012-2020
Department: Fire Department
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Location: Valley Center, CA
This position is responsible to provide administrative and secretarial support to positions of high-level management or supervision of the Rincon Fire Operations Department. This person will conduct business in a professional and cordial manner that will uphold the integrity and reputation of Rincon. This position maintains a thorough working knowledge of and adheres to tribal policies, regulations and procedures.
- Type correspondence to include, word processing/typing of letters, memos, forms, policies and procedures (includes handling of confidential information).
- Provide administrative support to include telephone coverage, copier projects (including overhead preparation), mail handling, supplies control and necessary communication internally and externally.
- Maintain records and logs of activities for a variety of Fire Operation services and programs.
- Assist Fire Operations management with their schedules and handle calls from both internal and external sources.
- Type and distribute the Strategic and Annual Plan to all managers yearly.
- Maintain attendance calendar for key management personnel.
- Maintain Fire Operation files, generate reports and give notice of problems to the Fire Chief/Captains.
- Maintain Vendor Contracts files, Maintenance Agreement files and all Copyright files.
- Provide backup administrative assistance to other Tribal Departments as needed.
- Perform special projects as assigned.
- May be required to drive in the performance of duties as assigned.
- Attend required meetings and trainings.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE AND/OR TRAINING
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Three (3) years related experience required.
- Valid California Driver’s License
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Strong organizational skills and the flexibility and ability to manage time and multiple tasks with little supervision.
- Proficiency with all current Microsoft Office programs as well as any other software programs, online communication platforms and other technology necessary to perform the job.
- Experience developing communication materials, including flyers, brochures, booklets, etc.
- Successful applicants will be a creative thinker, an energetic self-starter who enjoys new challenges and are able to function comfortably in a fast paced team environment or independently.
The Rincon Band of Luiseño Indians offers a comprehensive and competitive benefit package for full-time and qualifying part-time employees. Benefit include the following:
- Health & Wellness Coverage: Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) Accrual
- Holidays: Full-time employees and qualifying part-time employees are eligible for eleven (11) full paid holidays, and four (4) half day (4 hours) paid holidays.
- Comprehensive Annual Performance & Merit Reviews
- Job Training based on Business Needs
- Life and Long Term Disability: $100,000 employer paid Life Insurance and Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts: Healthcare and Dependent care reimbursement accounts
- Supplemental Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Supplemental Coverage: Disability, Accident, Cancer, Life and Hospital Confinement
- Retirement: 401(k) retirement plan with a generous employer match
- Company Events: Rincon Tribal Government holds great social events for employees
- and occasionally raffle many prizes.