Administrative Assistant II
Open Date: 01/23/2020
Requisition Number: 003-2020
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Reports to: Fire Chief
Location: Valley Center, CA
OPPORTUNITY: This position is responsible to provide administrative and secretarial support to positions of high-level management or supervision of the Rincon Fire Operations Department. This person will conduct business in a professional and cordial manner that will uphold the integrity and reputation of Rincon. This position maintains a thorough working knowledge of and adheres to tribal policies, regulations and procedures.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE AND/OR TRAINING: High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED). Three (3) years related experience required. WORK-RELATED KNOWLEDGE: Office Management Complete and maintain documentation/records
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS: Valid drivers’ license
- Type correspondence to include, word processing/typing of letters, memos, forms, policies and procedures (includes handling of confidential information).
- Provide administrative support to include telephone coverage, copier projects (including overhead preparation), mail handling, supplies control and necessary communications internally and externally.
- Maintain records and logs of activities for a variety of Fire Operation services and programs.
- Assist Fire Operations management with their schedules and handle calls from both internal and external sources.
- Type and distribute the Strategic and Annual Plan to all managers yearly.
- Maintain attendance calendar for key management personnel.
- Maintain Fire Operation files, generate reports and give notice of problems to the Fire Chief/Captains.
- Schedule company-wide use of Fire Operations conference rooms.
- Maintain Vendor Contract files, Maintenance Agreement files and all Copyright files.
- Provide backup administrative assistance to other Tribal Departments as needed.
- Perform special projects as assigned.
- May be required to drive in the performance of duties as assigned.
- Attend required meetings and trainings.
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
HOW TO APPLY: Submit a resume to the Human Resources Department, One Government Center Lane, Valley Center, California 92082, or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tribal preference will be given to eligible Rincon Tribal Members who meet the minimum qualifications. Background investigation, drug and alcohol screening is required as a condition of employment. Rincon Band of Luiseño Indians is an equal opportunity employer.