Administrative Officer to the Tribal Chair
Open Date: 02/04/2020
Requisition Number: 006-2020
Department: Tribal Council
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Reports to: Tribal Council
Location: Valley Center, CA
OPPORTUNITY: Under the direction of the Tribal Chairperson, perform highly responsible and confidential secretarial and administrative duties to relieve the Tribal Chairperson of a variety of administrative details; serve as liaison between departments and outside agencies to Tribal Chairperson.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE AND/OR TRAINING: High school diploma or GED. Business Degree. 10+ years of increasingly responsible secretarial or administrative assistant experience. Two years of college (Associates Degree) or equivalent and at least two years in an executive assistant level position. WORK-RELATED KNOWLEDGE: Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel. Good spelling & grammar skills. Functions and secretarial operations of an administrative office. Tribal organization, operations, policies and objectives. Policies, procedures and administrative proceedings for the Tribal Council. Applicable laws, codes, regulations, policies and procedures. Modern office practices, procedures and equipment. Record-keeping techniques. Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary. Oral and written communication skills. Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy. Methods of collecting and organizing data and information. Business letter and report writing, editing and proofreading. Basic public relations techniques. Operation of a computer and assigned software
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS: Valid drivers’ license
- Generates independent correspondence and reports representing the organization or a functional unit of the organization.
- Schedules and coordinates the calendar for executives, arranging meetings, modifying schedules and arranging appointments with internal and external contacts, and arranges for all travel, conferences or event planning as assigned.
- Procures office supplies and maintains sufficient inventory levels to maintain a highly efficient office.
- Interacts with all levels of management, employees and Tribal members, government agencies and business facilities and responds to inquiries.
- Responds to questions, provides referrals, resolves problems, and provides positive customer service.
- Provides administrative support including the maintenance of project files.
- Prepares presentations and creates documents for meetings of significant organizational interest.
- May be required to travel as necessary.
- Attends required meetings and trainings.
- Attends Council meetings, conferences and special meetings when requested.
- Maintain and coordinate Tribal Chairperson’s calendar of national, state and local conferences, legislative events and political fundraising events. Schedule appointments; keeps chairperson informed of commitments.
- Arranges detailed travel plans and itineraries for Chair’s travel. Compiles documents for travel related meetings. Accompanies chairperson when requested.
- Screens incoming calls and correspondence for the Chairperson. Ensures that calls and correspondence are distributed in a timely fashion.
- Responds to complaints and inquiries. Composes follow-up correspondence for Chairperson’s approval and signature.
- If requested, serves as on-site liaison for tours and meetings.
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled.
HOW TO APPLY: Submit a resume to the Human Resources Department, One Government Center Lane, Valley Center CA 92082, or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tribal preference will be given to eligible Rincon Tribal Members who meet the minimum qualifications. Background investigation, drug and alcohol screening are required as a condition of employment. Rincon Band of Luiseño Indians is an equal opportunity employer.