Open Date: 06/07/2021
Closing Date: Until Filled
Requisition Number: 013-2021
Salary: Commensurate w/ Experience
Location: Valley Center, CA
This position is responsible to ensure backgrounds of the employees chosen meet licensing standards of the gaming operation and commission. In addition, this position is responsible to make a suitability recommendation of all license applicants and vendors (based on background licensing standards) for employment. This position may transition between conducting employee and vendor background investigations as necessary with little or no direction from the Executive Director.
The following duties are typical for this classification. Incumbents may not perform all of the listed duties and/or may be required to perform additional or different duties from those set forth below to address business needs and changing business practices.
- Ensure applications are complete and confirm/clarify gaps in employment and residence; confirm phone numbers and assist prospective employees with the completion of the application. Make sure applications are notarized.
- Maintain applicant and vendor files, remove terminated employees from the active investigation file, recover and properly destroy employee’s license.
- Maintain statistical applicant information including a database with received dates of applications and dates preliminary background investigations were completed.
- Interview applicants if needed to confirm, verify, or rule out criminal information as factual.
- Complete a comprehensive report compiling all investigative material in a clear and concise manner. Make suitability recommendations and submit the report to the Executive Director for review/approval.
- Testify and/or present evidence at hearings regarding licensing sanctions imposed by the Commission.
- Maintain liaison with the state, federal and tribal regulatory agencies and any other law enforcement agencies.
- Attend meeting and training seminars to maintain current and efficient.
- Liaison with Harrah’s HR and department manager.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE AND/OR TRAINING
- Graduation from a U.S. high school, G.E.D. or equivalent from a U.S. institution, or a California High School Proficiency Examination (CHSPE) certificate is required.
- Associates Degree, preferred.
- Minimum of two years investigative experience with a law enforcement or regulatory agency required; additional years of experience may substitute for college.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
The following license and certification are required to be maintained throughout employment and are not subject to waiver:
- Valid California Driver’s License. Must maintain a satisfactory driving record with the DMV.
- Working knowledge of the Tribal-State Compact, Tribal Gaming Ordinances, NIGC Regulations, state and local laws that pertain to the establishment, Harrah’s Rincon Human Resources policies and procedures and commission policies and procedures.
- Strong organizational skills and the flexibility and ability to manage time and multiple tasks with little supervision.
- Proficiency with all current Microsoft Office programs as well as any other software programs, online communication platforms and other technology necessary to perform the job.
The Rincon Band of Luiseño Indians offers a comprehensive and competitive benefit package for full-time and qualifying part-time employees. Benefit include the following:
- Health & Wellness Coverage: Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) Accrual
- Holidays: Full-time employees and qualifying part-time employees are eligible for eleven (11) full paid holidays, and four (4) half day (4 hours) paid holidays.
- Comprehensive Annual Performance & Merit Reviews
- Job Training based on Business Needs
- Life and Long Term Disability: $100,000 employer paid Life Insurance and Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts: Healthcare and Dependent care reimbursement accounts
- Supplemental Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Supplemental Coverage: Disability, Accident, Cancer, Life and Hospital Confinement
- Retirement: 401(k) retirement plan with a generous employer match
- Company Events: Rincon Tribal Government holds great social events for employees and occasionally raffle many prizes.