Open Date: 03/02/2021
Closing Date: Until Filled
Requisition Number: 001-2021
Department: Gaming Commision
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Location: Valley Center, CA
Under the direction of the Assistant Director of Gaming, this position is responsible for monitoring casino activities; observe customers, employees, transactions and meets reporting requirements to ensure compliance with Federal, State and Tribal gaming laws and regulations as well as required internal controls. Investigate and report deficiencies or violations and conduct follow-up to ensure implementation of appropriate corrective action. This position requires training by the Compliance Manager and upper level Compliance Officers.
The following duties are typical for this classification. Incumbents may not perform all of the listed duties and/or may be required to perform additional or different duties from those set forth below to address business needs and changing business practices.
- Learn to monitor shipping, receiving, installation, relocation, removal, storage, etc. of gaming devices for security and compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Ensure accurate records are maintained on same.
- Learn to utilize Kobetron and Dataman equipment for the purpose of testing gaming device computer control chips for verification of validity and authorized programming.
- Learn to maintain control over access to sensitive areas of gaming devices.
- Assist with monitoring table games and drops for compliance.
- Assist with monitoring count room activities for compliance.
- Assist with ensuring that the casino fulfills all of its reporting requirements including but not limited to: Title 31, IRS, NIGC, State and Commission reports and assessments.
- Learn to monitor log sheets for keys, liquor sweeps, and machine movements.
- Work closely with the Chief Compliance Officer, upper level Compliance Officers, Auditors, Surveillance personnel, and Background Investigators as well as appropriate casino personnel in fulfilling responsibilities.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE AND/OR TRAINING
High school diploma or GED required; prefer 1 year regulatory, auditing or investigative related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS
The following license and certification are required to be maintained throughout employment and are not subject to waiver:
- Valid California Driver’s License. Must maintain a satisfactory driving record with the DMV.
The Rincon Band of Luiseño Indians offers a comprehensive and competitive benefit package for full-time and qualifying part-time employees. Benefit include the following:
- Health & Wellness Coverage: Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) Accrual
- Holidays: Full-time employees and qualifying part-time employees are eligible for eleven (11) full paid holidays, and four (4) half day (4 hours) paid holidays.
- Comprehensive Annual Performance & Merit Reviews
- Job Training based on Business Needs
- Life and Long Term Disability: $100,000 employer paid Life Insurance and Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts: Healthcare and Dependent care reimbursement accounts
- Supplemental Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Supplemental Coverage: Disability, Accident, Cancer, Life and Hospital Confinement
- Retirement: 401(k) retirement plan with a generous employer match
- Company Events: Rincon Tribal Government holds great social events for employees and occasionally raffle many prizes.