Open Date: 08/31/2022
Closing Date: Until Filled
Requisition Number: 024-2022
Classification: Full-Time / Non-Exempt
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Shift: Third Shift (Paid Meal Breaks)
Schedule: 4 / 10 Work Schedule
Location: Valley Center, CA
Under the supervision of the Compliance Supervisor, this position will monitor the gaming operation, observe customers, employees, transactions, and reporting requirements to ensure compliance with Federal, State and Tribal Gaming Laws and regulations. Will assist in investigations and report deficiencies or violations and conduct follow-up to ensure implementation of appropriate corrective action.
The following duties are typical for this classification. Incumbents may not perform all of the listed duties and/or may be required to perform additional or different duties from those set forth below to address business needs and changing business practices.
- Assist with maintaining control over access to sensitive areas of gaming devices.
- Assist with monitoring shipping, receiving, installation, relocation, removal, storage, etc. of gaming devices for security and compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Ensure accurate records are maintained on same.
- Assist with inspection of all gaming equipment and supplies for integrity and compliance. Utilize electronic equipment for testing of gaming device computer control chips for verification of validity and authorized programming.
- Assist in monitoring count room activities, table games and drops for compliance.
- Assist with ensuring that the gaming operation fulfills all its reporting requirements; including, but not limited to, Title 31, Internal Revenue Service (IRS), National Indian Gaming Commission (NIGC), State and Rincon Gaming Commission reports and assessments.
- Monitor log sheets for keys, liquor sweeps, and machine movements.
- Under Compliance Officer II guidance, become competent in conducting investigations and preparing reports for any accused or observed criminal, non-criminal, and policy violations involving gaming operation team members or customers that occur within the gaming operation property footprint and conduct necessary follow-up with casino management.
- Maintain Commission records, files, statistics, etc. for compliance monitoring activities.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality regarding company and employee information and company activities.
- Attend required meetings and trainings as required by the Assistant Executive Director and Executive Director.
- Ability to work closely with the Compliance Supervisor, Auditors, Assistant Executive Director, Compliance Officers, Surveillance personnel, and Background Investigators as well as appropriate casino personnel in fulfilling responsibilities.
- Occasionally work with outside regulatory or Law Enforcement Officials as necessary.
- Demonstrates an awareness and appreciation of the cultural diversity of the community.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Adhere to safety standards and regulations of the Tribal Council.
- Handle all confidential and proprietary information in accordance Rincon Tribal Government and Gaming Commission policies and procedures.
- Perform other related or non-related job duties as required by the Assistant Executive Director or Executive Director.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE AND/OR TRAINING
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Two years college or one year experience in a similar position, regulatory, auditing, or investigative related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS
The following license and certification are required to be maintained throughout employment and are not subject to waiver:
- Valid California Driver’s License. Must maintain a satisfactory driving record with the DMV.
- Ability to pass an extensive background check and obtain a Gaming License.
- Must be willing to sign a Non-disclosure and Confidentiality Agreement upon employment.
- Good customer service skills to support the daily operations of a Compliance Officer
- Ability to exercise good judgement, attention to detail, protect the integrity and reputation of the enterprise operation.
- Team player with good muti-tasking skills, time management skills, and be able to accommodate a flexible work schedule based on the needs of the department.
- Ability to gain knowledge of gaming equipment and technical specifications, applicable laws, internal controls and policies and procedures of the Gaming Industry.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Strong organizational skills and the flexibility and ability to manage time and multiple tasks with little supervision.
- Successful applicants will be a creative thinker, an energetic self-starter who enjoys new challenges and are able to function comfortably in a fast-paced team environment or independently.
The Rincon Band of Luiseño Indians offers a comprehensive and competitive benefit package for full-time and qualifying part-time employees. Benefit include the following:
- Health & Wellness Coverage: Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) Accrual
- Holidays: Full-time employees and qualifying part-time employees are eligible for eleven (11) full paid holidays, and four (4) half day (4 hours) paid holidays.
- Comprehensive Annual Performance & Merit Reviews
- Job Training based on Business Needs
- Life and Long Term Disability: $100,000 employer paid Life Insurance and Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts: Healthcare and Dependent care reimbursement accounts
- Supplemental Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Supplemental Coverage: Disability, Accident, Cancer, Life and Hospital Confinement
- Retirement: 401(k) retirement plan with a generous employer match
- Company Events: Rincon Tribal Government holds great social events for employees and occasionally raffle many prizes.