Open Date: 12/11/2019
Requisition Number: 032-2019
Department: Public safety
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Reports to: Public Safety Director
Location: Valley Center, CA
OPPORTUNITY: This under general supervision will conduct specialized work in receiving and dispatching messages for Tribal Law Enforcement and Fire Operation. This work involves fast, efficient and accurate receiving, dispatching and processing of communications from and to personnel and fire stations or Law Enforcement vehicles. Calls and messages include emergency requests as well as routine department matters. This person will conduct business in a professional and cordial manner that will uphold the integrity and reputation of Rincon.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE AND/OR TRAINING: High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and One year related experience required. WORK RELATED KNOWLEDGE: One Year experience performing dispatch related clerical work, verbal radio communications, law enforcement or public information work. Typing speed of 35 net words per minute is required for this position. Must be able to sit for a long period in a confined area and wear a headset.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS:
Valid drivers’ license
- Under supervision, provides communication and support services to the Tribal law enforcement and fire departments.
- Uses a computer-aided dispatch system, receive emergency calls from the public requesting police, fire, medical or other emergency services.
- Determine the nature and location of the emergency; determine priorities, and dispatch Tribal Law Enforcement, Sheriff’s department, fire ambulance or other emergency units as necessary and in accordance with established procedures.
- Maintain contact with all units on assignment, maintain status and location of police and fire units
- Monitor security cameras, answer non-emergency calls for assistance.
- Operate a variety of communications equipment, including radio consoles, telephones and computer systems.
- Calm distressed citizens on the phone.
- Work rotating shifts (days, swings and graves), weekends, holidays and overtime as required.
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
HOW TO APPLY: If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit a resume to the Human Resources Department, One Government Center Lane, Valley Center, California 92082, or e-mail to email@example.com
Tribal preference will be given to eligible Rincon Tribal Members who meet the minimum qualifications background investigation, drug and alcohol screening is required as a condition of employment. Rincon Band of Luiseño Indians is an equal opportunity employer.