Open Date: 08/11/2021
Closing Date: Until Filled
Requisition Number: 024-2021
Classification: Part-Time, Non-Exempt
Salary: Commensurate w/ Experience
Location: Valley Center, CA
This position, under the supervision of the Human Resources Director, is responsible for providing administrative support services to the Tribal Enrollment Committee. This includes performing all associated administrative/departmental functions, duties and responsibilities to ensure the highest level of compliance of tribal membership enrollment ordinance, policies and procedures. This position maintains a thorough working knowledge of and adheres to tribal policies, regulations and procedures.
The following duties are typical for this classification. Incumbents may not perform all of the listed duties and/or may be required to perform additional or different duties from those set forth below to address business needs and changing business practices.
- Assist the Enrollment Committee in the thorough and timely enrollment application process in accordance with tribal enrollment ordinance, policies and procedures.
- Coordinates submission of new membership enrollment applications to ensure timely action throughout the process; reviews new membership enrollment applications for completeness.
- Ability to apply professional and effective verbal and written communication skills in working with Rincon tribal members, other tribal governments and members, the Bureau of Indian Affairs and governmental agencies, as required.
- Tracks enrollment applications and related data through multiple information outlets, and perform related research as required.
- Prepares and/or generates routine correspondence, letters, memoranda, forms, reports and other documents through multiple information outlets.
- Ensures maintenance and management of all enrollment application files and records.
- Maintains inventory of materials, equipment, and supplies; initiates orders for new or replacement materials.
- Responds difficult and sensitive inquires and complaints with positive customer service under the guidance of the Enrollment Committee Chairperson.
- Responds to routine requests for information from Rincon Tribal Members, Rincon Tribal Council, or others, where applicable.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of people in a diverse community.
- Assists in the monitoring and enforcing of approved policies, regulations, and procedures.
- Performs general office duties for the department.
- Assess and monitor workload, administrative support systems, identify opportunities for improvement, and direct and implement change.
- Experienced in Family Tree Makers software or similar software.
- Attends required meetings and trainings.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE AND/OR TRAINING
- Graduation from a U.S. high school, G.E.D. or equivalent from a U.S. institution, or a California High School Proficiency Examination (CHSPE) certificate is required.
- An Associate Degree in one or more of the following areas: Program
- Administration or Native American Studies, or equivalent related experience.
- The ability to research and analyze various types of information.
- Must have the ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues by using judgment that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Ability to objectively communicate when resolving complex, difficult and emotional issues.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
The following license and certification are required to be maintained throughout employment and are not subject to waiver:
- Valid California Driver’s License. Must maintain a satisfactory driving record with the DMV.
- Knowledge of American Indians and their history (preferred).
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Strong organizational skills and the flexibility and ability to manage time and multiple tasks with little supervision.
- Proficiency with all current Microsoft Office programs as well as any other software programs, online communication platforms and other technology necessary to perform the job.
- Ability to identify required and/or missing data.
- Provide well organized and clearly written information.
- Knowledge of customer service best practices.
The Rincon Band of Luiseño Indians offers a comprehensive and competitive benefit package for full-time and qualifying part-time employees. Benefit include the following:
- Health & Wellness Coverage: Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) Accrual
- Holidays: Full-time employees and qualifying part-time employees are eligible for eleven (11) full paid holidays, and four (4) half day (4 hours) paid holidays.
- Comprehensive Annual Performance & Merit Reviews
- Job Training based on Business Needs
- Life and Long Term Disability: $100,000 employer paid Life Insurance and Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts: Healthcare and Dependent care reimbursement accounts
- Supplemental Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Supplemental Coverage: Disability, Accident, Cancer, Life and Hospital Confinement
- Retirement: 401(k) retirement plan with a generous employer match
- Company Events: Rincon Tribal Government holds great social events for employees and occasionally raffle many prizes.