Open Date: 06/25/2019
Requisition Number: 022-2019
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Reports to: Fire Chief
Location: Valley Center, CA
OPPORTUNITY: This position is responsible to respond to fire and emergency related calls and to maintain job skills through training to ensure overall customer service. In addition, provide medical consultation to staff on emergency site.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE AND/OR TRAINING: At least 21 years of age at the time of application. Graduation from a U.S. high school, G.E.D. or equivalent from a U.S. institution, or a California High School Proficiency Examination (CHSPE) certificate is required. Graduate of a California State Certified FF-1 Academy or equivalent, or One (1) year of full-time firefighting experience (Preferred). WORK RELATED KNOWLEDGE: Working knowledge of fire fighting equipment and technical specifications. Working knowledge of applicable laws, internal controls and policies and procedures of the Fire Department
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS:
- EMT (National Registry). CPR. CSFM F/F I (Preferred).Defibrillator/Combitube.Haz-Mat FRO.CPAT or Biddle Certification (within 6 months of submitting your resume)
- Valid Class C drivers license. California State Ambulance Driver License
- Perform Emergency Medical Service and lifesaving maneuvers in the community and surrounding areas.
- Provide training to personnel and community members on fire/rescue operations, vehicle extrication, rescue systems and community risk reduction.
- Maintain equipment, station supplies regularly.
- Perform routine vehicle check-outs, maintenance and cleaning.
- Complete daily physical fitness training to maintain a strong physical condition.
- Train on fireground operations, ladders, hose lays, high rise, area familiarization, mapping, and other realted fire service activites.
- Complete logs and quality assurance forms, incident critiques and related training acitivities.
- Attend training and education to maintain credentials and certifications.
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
HOW TO APPLY: If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit a resume to the Human Resources Department, 1 West Tribal Road, Valley Center, California 92082, or e-mail to email@example.com
Tribal preference will be given to eligible Rincon Tribal Members who meet the minimum qualifications background investigation, drug and alcohol screening is required as a condition of employment. Rincon Band of Luiseno Indians is an equal opportunity employer.