Open Date: 04/12/2022
Closing Date: Until Filled
Requisition Number: 009-2022
Department: Fire Department
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Location: Valley Center, CA
This position is responsible to respond to fire and emergency related calls and to maintain job skills through training to ensure overall customer service. In addition, provide medical consultation to staff on emergency site.
The following duties are typical for this classification. Incumbents may not perform all of the listed duties and/or may be required to perform additional or different duties from those set forth below to address business needs and changing business practices.
- Perform Emergency Medical Service and lifesaving maneuvers in the community and surrounding areas.
- Provide training to personnel and community members on fire/rescue operations, vehicle extrication, rescue systems and community risk reduction.
- Maintain equipment, station supplies regularly.
- Perform routine vehicle checkouts, maintenance and cleaning.
- Complete daily physical fitness training to maintain a strong physical condition.
- Train on fire ground operations, ladders, hose lays, high-rise, area familiarization, mapping, and other related fire service activities.
- Complete logs and quality assurance forms, incident critiques and related training activities.
- Attend training and education to maintain credentials and certifications.
- Maintains confidentiality and discreetness of sensitive information.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE AND/OR TRAINING
- At least 21 years of age at the time of application.
- Graduation from a U.S. high school, G.E.D. or equivalent from a U.S. institution, or a California High School Proficiency Examination (CHSPE) certificate is required.
- Graduate of a California State Certified FF-1 Academy or equivalent
- One (1) year of full-time firefighting experience (Preferred).
- Working knowledge of firefighting equipment and technical specifications.
- Working knowledge of applicable laws, internal controls and policies and procedures of the Fire Department
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS
The following license and certification are required to be maintained throughout employment and are not subject to waiver:
- CSFM FF-1 Academy or Equivalent (NOTE: Diploma or Certificate must be uploaded with the employment application at time of submission – this is an educational requirement.)
- California Emergency Medical Technician Card (NOTE: Certificates must be uploaded with the employment application at time of submission and must be active.)
- Valid Class C, California Driver’s License
- California State Ambulance Driver License
- CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) / BLS (Basic Life Support) (NOTE: Certificates must be uploaded with the employment application at time of submission and must be active.)
- CPAT or Biddle Physical Ability Test Certification (Must obtain within 6 months of submitting resume, must have prior to hire)
The Rincon Band of Luiseño Indians offers a comprehensive and competitive benefit package for full-time and qualifying part-time employees. Benefit include the following:
- Health & Wellness Coverage: Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) Accrual
- Holidays: Full-time employees and qualifying part-time employees are eligible for eleven (11) full paid holidays, and four (4) half day (4 hours) paid holidays.
- Comprehensive Annual Performance & Merit Reviews
- Job Training based on Business Needs
- Life and Long Term Disability: $100,000 employer paid Life Insurance and Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts: Healthcare and Dependent care reimbursement accounts
- Supplemental Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Supplemental Coverage: Disability, Accident, Cancer, Life and Hospital Confinement
- Retirement: 401(k) retirement plan with a generous employer match
- Company Events: Rincon Tribal Government holds great social events for employees and occasionally raffle many prizes.