Open Date: 12/5/2021
Closing Date: Until Filled
Requisition Number: 031-2021
Department: Fire Department
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Location: Valley Center, CA
This position is responsible to respond to fire and emergency related calls and to maintain job skills through training to ensure overall customer service. In addition, provide ALS/BLS medical care to community and surrounding areas.
- Assess extent of injuries or illness of trauma victims, patients with respiratory disease and stress, overdose and poisoning victims, industrial accident victims and other ill or injured individuals to determine emergency medical treatment.
- Perform Emergency Medical Service and lifesaving maneuvers in the community and surrounding areas.
- Provide training to personnel and community members on fire/rescue operations, vehicle extrication, rescue systems and community risk reduction.
- Maintain equipment, station supplies regularly.
- Perform routine vehicle checkouts, maintenance and cleaning.
- Administer pre-hospital ALS/BLS emergency care, such as cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), trauma assessment and care, bandaging and splinting to patients.
- Administers medications by intravenous, intramuscular, intranasal, endotracheal tube or topical means.
- Establish and maintain intravenous treatment (IV), apply adjunctive equipment for ventilation and circulation complications, administer medications and provide other emergency treatment to patients.
- Utilize basic and advanced airway adjuncts including Endotracheal Intubation of pediatric and adult patients.
- Utilize cardiac monitor/defibrillator for synchronized cardioversion, external cardiac pacing and defibrillation.
- Document and record nature of injuries and treatment provided.
- Be able to read and interpret capnography wave for CO2.
- Perform patient care documentation in accordance with accepted medical practices, department and San Diego EMS standards.
- Maintain Continuing Education requirements per California Title 22 and maintain Paramedic licensure every two years with required certifications.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE AND/OR TRAINING
- Must be at least 18 years of age and have an education equivalent to completion of the twelfth grade.
- Must have graduated from a 240-hour Firefighter I Academy accredited by California State Fire Marshal / State Fire Training or equivalent, as determined by the Rincon Fire Chief.
- Must have completed appropriate education and training to obtain certification as a California State Certified Paramedic, to include meeting requirements of the County of San Diego EMS Office, and successful completion of the San Diego protocol examination.
- One (1) year of full-time firefighting experience (Preferred).
- Working knowledge of firefighting equipment and technical specifications.
- Working knowledge of applicable laws, internal controls and policies and procedures of the Fire Department.
- Ability to conduct or assist in the extrication of trapped persons.
- Ability to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- Ability to administer medications by accepted means.
- Working knowledge of San Diego County Emergency Medical System (EMS) regulations, protocols and procedures.
- Ability to react quickly and calmly to fight fires and perform emergency medical techniques and procedures.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS
The following license and certification are required to be maintained throughout employment and are not subject to waiver:
- CSFM FF-1 Academy or Equivalent (NOTE: Diploma or Certificate must be uploaded with the employment application at time of submission – this is an educational requirement.)
- Current California State Certified Paramedic License (NOTE: Certificates must be uploaded with the employment application at time of submission and must be active.)
- Valid Class C, California Driver’s License
- CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) / BLS (Basic Life Support) (NOTE: Certificates must be uploaded with the employment application at time of submission and must be active.)
- CPAT or Biddle Physical Ability Test Certification (Must obtain within 6 months of submitting resume, must have prior to hire)
The Rincon Band of Luiseño Indians offers a comprehensive and competitive benefit package for full-time and qualifying part-time employees. Benefit include the following:
- Health & Wellness Coverage: Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) Accrual
- Holidays: Full-time employees and qualifying part-time employees are eligible for eleven (11) full paid holidays, and four (4) half day (4 hours) paid holidays.
- Comprehensive Annual Performance & Merit Reviews
- Job Training based on Business Needs
- Life and Long Term Disability: $100,000 employer paid Life Insurance and Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts: Healthcare and Dependent care reimbursement accounts
- Supplemental Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Supplemental Coverage: Disability, Accident, Cancer, Life and Hospital Confinement
- Retirement: 401(k) retirement plan with a generous employer match
- Company Events: Rincon Tribal Government holds great social events for employees and occasionally raffle many prizes.