Open Date: 12/02/19
Requisition Number: 016-2019
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Reports to: Fire Chief
Location: Valley Center, CA
OPPORTUNITY: This position is responsible to respond to fire and emergency related calls and to maintain job skills through training to ensure overall customer service. In addition, provide ALS/BLS medical care to community and surrounding areas.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE AND/OR TRAINING: At least 21 years of age at the time of application. Graduation from a U.S. high school, G.E.D. or equivalent from a U.S. institution, or a California High School Proficiency Examination (CHSPE) certificate is required. Graduate of a California State Certified FF-1 Academy or equivalent, or One (1) year of full-time firefighting experience (Preferred). WORK RELATED KNOWLEDGE: Working knowledge of fire fighting equipment and technical specifications. Working knowledge of applicable laws, internal controls and policies and procedures of the Fire Department. Ability to conduct or assist in the extrication of trapped persons. Ability to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation. Ability to administer medications by accepted means. Working knowledge of San Diego County Emergency Medical System (EMS) regulations, protocols and procedures. Ability to react quickly and calmly to fight fires and perform emergency medical techniques and procedures
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS:
- EMT (National Registry). CPR. CSFM F/F I (Preferred).Defibrillator/Combitube.Haz-Mat FRO.CPAT or Biddle Certification (within 6 months of submitting your resume)
- Valid Class C drivers license. California State Ambulance Driver License
- Assess extent of injuries or illness of trauma victims, patients with respiratory disease and stress, overdose and poisoning victims, industrial accident victims and other ill or injured individuals to determine emergency medical treatment.
- Perform Emergency Medical Service and lifesaving maneuvers in the community and surrounding areas.
- Provide training to personnel and community members on fire/rescue operations, vehicle extrication, rescue systems and community risk reduction.
- Maintain equipment, station supplies regularly.
- Perform routine vehicle check-outs, maintenance and cleaning.
- Administer pre-hospital ALS/BLS emergency care, such as cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), trauma assessment and care, bandaging and splinting to patients.
- Administers medications by intravenous, intramuscular, intranasal, endotracheal tube or topical means.
- Establish and maintain intravenous treatment (IV), apply adjunctive equipment for ventilation and circulation complications, administer medications and provide other emergency treatment to patients.
- Utilize basic and advanced airway adjuncts including Endotracheal Intubation of pediatric and adult patients.
- Utilize cardiac monitor/defibrillator for synchronized cardioversion, external cardiac pacing and defibrillation.
- Document and record nature of injuries and treatment provided.
- Be able to read and interpret capnography wave for CO2.
- Perform patient care documentation in accordance with accepted medical practices, department and San Diego EMS standards.
- Maintain Continuing Education requirements per California Title 22 and maintain Paramedic licensure every two years with required certifications.
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
HOW TO APPLY: If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit a resume to the Human Resources Department, One Government Center Ln, Valley Center, California 92082, or e-mail to email@example.com
Tribal preference will be given to eligible Rincon Tribal Members who meet the minimum qualifications background investigation, drug and alcohol screening is required as a condition of employment. Rincon Band of Luiseno Indians is an equal opportunity employer.