Open Date: 04/01/2022
Closing Date: Until Filled
Requisition Number: 009-2021
Classification: Full Time (Non-Exempt)
Salary: $18.15 – $22.69 hourly
Location: Valley Center, CA
This position is responsible to perform increasingly complex construction and maintenance services for the Housing Department and progresses from general labor construction through more advanced electrical, plumbing and concrete finishing activities. Interact with Tribal members to determine needs and ensure a high level of customer service is delivered.
The following duties are typical for this classification. Incumbents may not perform all of the listed duties and/or may be required to perform additional or different duties from those set forth below to address business needs and changing business practices.
- Perform more complex general and preventative maintenance on housing units and government buildings including painting, drywall repair and patching, plumbing repairs, carpentry and framing, door repairs and new installs, fence repair and minor roof repairs.
- Prepares job sites for tasks including tarping, taping, caulking, sanding, priming and general cleaning of surfaces.
- Installation and or replacement of rain gutters, water heaters, refrigerators, new light fixtures and light bulbs, battery operated smoke detectors, toilets, faucets, cabinets, countertops, small area concrete and concrete finishing, roof shingles, sheet vinyl and VCT flooring and drywall.
- Perform general job site labor and general demolition including site cleanup, sweeping, and debris removal.
- Prepares estimates of materials and costing of jobs.
- May be required to provide temporary janitorial services to facilities as needed including sweeping, mopping, sanitizing and restocking bathrooms.
- Cleans and maintains tools and equipment used in the performance of the job.
- Maintain inventory of Housing supplies and parts including parts for toilet and water heater installations, address pole maintenance and general supplies for building maintenance.
- Table and chair set-up and break down for government sponsored events and meetings.
- Move office furniture as directed.
- Complete work orders in a timely manner and as assigned.
- Operate heavy equipment.
- Assist other General Services Department’s with task and activities as needed.
- Attends and participates in required meetings and training.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE AND/OR TRAINING
- Graduation from a U.S. high school, G.E.D. or equivalent from a U.S. institution, or a California High School Proficiency Examination (CHSPE) certificate is required.
- One (1) year of work experience in electrical, plumbing, roofing, concrete and overall experience with general construction or similar position.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS
The following license and certification are required to be maintained throughout employment and are not subject to waiver:
- Valid California Driver’s License. Must maintain a satisfactory driving record with the DMV.
- General construction, roofing, flooring, plumbing, electrical, construction codes.
The Rincon Band of Luiseño Indians offers a comprehensive and competitive benefit package for full-time and qualifying part-time employees. Benefit include the following:
- Health & Wellness Coverage: Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) Accrual
- Holidays: Full-time employees and qualifying part-time employees are eligible for eleven (11) full paid holidays, and four (4) half day (4 hours) paid holidays.
- Comprehensive Annual Performance & Merit Reviews
- Job Training based on Business Needs
- Life and Long Term Disability: $100,000 employer paid Life Insurance and Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts: Healthcare and Dependent care reimbursement accounts
- Supplemental Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Supplemental Coverage: Disability, Accident, Cancer, Life and Hospital Confinement
- Retirement: 401(k) retirement plan with a generous employer match
- Company Events: Rincon Tribal Government holds great social events for employees and occasionally raffle many prizes.