Open Date: 06/07/2021
Closing Date: Until Filled
Requisition Number: 014-2021
Department: Information Technology (IT)
Salary: Commensurate w/ Experience
Location: Valley Center, CA
Under general direction from the IT Director, the Information Technology (IT) Help Desk Technician will perform highly responsible administrative and technical work in the development and operation of the Tribal Government’s information systems. The IT Help Desk Technician will handle help desk calls, tickets, emails that require troubleshooting hardware and software problems. The incumbent must be a reliable team player and understand the importance of communication and documentation. This position will work with a variety of information systems at various Rincon Tribal Government locations. Duties will include but are not limited to daily response to technical and information system problems, hands-on instruction, user guidance, and interfacing daily with internal customers. This person will conduct business in a professional and cordial manner that will uphold the integrity and reputation of Rincon. This position maintains a thorough working knowledge of and adheres to tribal policies, regulations and procedures.
The following duties are typical for this classification. Incumbents may not perform all of the listed duties and/or may be required to perform additional or different duties from those set forth below to address business needs and changing business practices.
- Adhere and enforce Rincon Tribal policies, procedures, and standards relating to information system and technology activities.
- Serve as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance via phone, in-person visits, e-mail or ticketing system.
- Perform remote\onsite troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions.
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel.
- Basic network connectivity troubleshooting.
- Competency with Windows Office\Office365 applications to assist end-users.
- Install and configure new PCs, printers, software and end-user hardware. Maintain inventory of all computers and accessories.
- Printer Management, using CDW\Xerox management application and Print Management Server Role.
- Provide end user support for Tribal Government. Troubleshoot & resolve desktop software/hardware problems, connectivity and user profile issues, end-user system utilities.
- Work IT ticketing system and coordinate the scheduling and completion of work by determining operational priorities.
- Configure email and applications on mobile devices, tablets and other hand-held devices.
- Install and configure IP phones and client software for all Tribal Government locations.
- A\V setup and maintenance, including conference room setup.
- Assist Network & Systems Administrator with camera systems.
- Assist Network & Systems Administrator with IDF maintenance.
- Responsible for desktop security, using Symantec Endpoint (Clientside), confirming and/or troubleshooting application of group policy.
- Responsible for Microix\Abila and Docuware (Client-side).
- Follow helpdesk policies, rules and procedures for the effective operation of the department, including establishing goals and objectives and priorities.
- Assist in the creation of new user’s accounts, change active directory passwords and other level one network administrative tasks assisting the systems administrator.
- Compile all information, knowledge, processes, and checklists to compose and draft/write training manuals.
- Supervise and participate in the training of Tribal Government personnel in the uses and capacities of information systems and technical equipment.
- Attend meetings or other functions as the department representative; may provide information or participate in discussions regarding information systems activities.
- Maintains confidentiality and discreetness of sensitive information.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE AND/OR TRAINING
- Graduation from a U.S. high school, G.E.D. or equivalent from a U.S. institution, or a California High School Proficiency Examination (CHSPE) certificate is required.
- Two (2) years of progressively responsible experience in computer system operation, programming and systems analysis is desirable.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
The following license and certification are required to be maintained throughout employment and are not subject to waiver:
- Valid California Driver’s License. Must maintain a satisfactory driving record with the DMV.
- Knowledge of principals, practices and techniques of Information Systems management and general administration.
- Knowledge of operation and applications of information processing equipment, methods, principles, and practices as related to municipal operations and management information systems.
- Knowledge of advance methods and techniques of research and reporting.
- Experience with ticketing processes, escalation and delegation.
The Rincon Band of Luiseño Indians offers a comprehensive and competitive benefit package for full-time and qualifying part-time employees. Benefit include the following:
- Health & Wellness Coverage: Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) Accrual
- Holidays: Full-time employees and qualifying part-time employees are eligible for eleven (11) full paid holidays, and four (4) half day (4 hours) paid holidays.
- Comprehensive Annual Performance & Merit Reviews
- Job Training based on Business Needs
- Life and Long Term Disability: $100,000 employer paid Life Insurance and Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts: Healthcare and Dependent care reimbursement accounts
- Supplemental Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Supplemental Coverage: Disability, Accident, Cancer, Life and Hospital Confinement
- Retirement: 401(k) retirement plan with a generous employer match
- Company Events: Rincon Tribal Government holds great social events for employees and occasionally raffle many prizes.