Open Date: 12/9/2021
Closing Date: Until Filled
Requisition Number: 032-2021
Department: Cultural Resources
Classification: Full-Time (30 hrs.), Non-Exempt
Salary: $17.00 hourly
Location: Valley Center, CA
This position under the direction of the Cultural Resources Department (CRD) Manager is responsible for assisting Luiseño Language teachers in providing classroom experiences to enhance and promote the learning experience for participants in the virtual and in-person language class.
The following duties are typical for this classification. Incumbents may not perform all of the listed duties and/or may be required to perform additional or different duties from those set forth below to address business needs and changing business practices.
- Provide various administrative support for the Language Teachers, such as filing, typing, proofreading, data entry, preparation of correspondence and reports, mailing, copying, faxing, etc.
- Prepares classroom, materials and supplies needed for activities and lessons.
- Demonstrated experience using computer applications, word processing, presentation software, and Zoom.
- Ability to establish priorities and manage multiple activities to meet deadlines.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Organizes and participates in-classroom and virtual teachings.
- Schedules meetings and virtual class sessions.
- Assists teachers in preparing lessons and schedules; maintains calendars.
- Strong interpersonal skills including tact, diplomacy, and flexibility to work effectively with staff and the Rincon community.
- Ensures cleanliness of classroom.
- Attends and assists Language Teachers with Zoom and hybrid classes.
- Maintains appropriate documentation and generates reports or memos as required.
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance and as part of a team.
- Ability to work extended hours, occasional weekends, and various work schedules.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE AND/OR TRAINING
- Graduation from a U.S. high school, G.E.D. or equivalent from a U.S. institution, or a California High School Proficiency Examination (CHSPE) certificate is required.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS
The following license and certification are required to be maintained throughout employment and are not subject to waiver:
- Valid California Driver’s License. Must maintain a satisfactory driving record with the DMV.
- Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of computers, productivity software (i.e. MS Office Suite Applications & Zoom) and audio/visual technologies.
- Proficiency with online communication platforms, possess internet-search related skills and other technology necessary to perform the job.
- Knowledge of Luiseño history and culture.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Provides well-organized and clearly written information.
- Utilizes appropriate grammar, punctuation, and accuracy in written correspondence, manuals, or publications.
The Rincon Band of Luiseño Indians offers a comprehensive and competitive benefit package for full-time and qualifying part-time employees. Benefit include the following:
- Health & Wellness Coverage: Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) Accrual
- Holidays: Full-time employees and qualifying part-time employees are eligible for eleven (11) full paid holidays, and four (4) half day (4 hours) paid holidays.
- Comprehensive Annual Performance & Merit Reviews
- Job Training based on Business Needs
- Life and Long Term Disability: $100,000 employer paid Life Insurance and Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts: Healthcare and Dependent care reimbursement accounts
- Supplemental Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Supplemental Coverage: Disability, Accident, Cancer, Life and Hospital Confinement
- Retirement: 401(k) retirement plan with a generous employer match
- Company Events: Rincon Tribal Government holds great social events for employees and occasionally raffle many prizes.