Open Date: 09/15/2021
Closing Date: Until Filled
Requisition Number: 028-2021
Department: Tribal Council
Classification: Full-Time / Exempt
Salary: Commensurate w/ Experience
Location: Valley Center, CA
The Liaison to Tribal Council serves at the satisfaction of the Rincon Tribal Council, and is considered an at will employee. This position reports to the Vice Chairperson, in the absence of the Vice Chairperson this position will report to the Tribal Chairman. Due to the nature of the responsibilities to the Rincon Tribal Council as a whole, there are no set hours; however, the normal work day shall usually consist of Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. Due to the nature of the business/operations of the Rincon Tribal Council, the individual in this position must be able to travel for extensive periods and often.
The position requires executive administrative skills and an executive professional image. The Liaison to Tribal Council will provide enhanced communications, documentation reporting, and advanced technical assistance to the Rincon Tribal Council. The position requires the maintenance and knowledge of Tribal policies, ordinances and laws which govern Tribal Council activities, tribal policies, regulations and procedures. The position of Liaison to Tribal Council requires the individual to perform a wide spectrum of duties, and to be involved with a myriad of disciplines in business, as well as interpersonal reactions and relationships.
The following duties are typical for this classification. Incumbents may not perform all of the listed duties and/or may be required to perform additional or different duties from those set forth below to address business needs and changing business practices.
Coordinate with Tribal Members & Pala Senior Services Department for
enrollment and disenrollment.
- Coordinate Council Meeting Agenda section for Committees
- Update the list and send correspondence as required
- Coordinate travel and/or reimbursement for approved conferences for Committee members
- Purchase goods and supplies
- Process Council related invoices to include Tribal Hall (facility) bills
- Process Commercial Expense reporting
- Process all Golf and Political Donations
- Shared responsibility for additional Annual, Council and Donation Committee when shared with Council
- Official Council meeting minutes.
- Coordinate with the following departments:
- Communications for basic comp items. (buffets, one-night stay, water, spa)
- Public Relations for public relations (ribbon cuttings, special projects, news related)
- Caesars (outside banquet events) – for large third party group events.
- Harrah’s (onsite banquet events) – for events Rincon directly pays for.
- Special Requests-Comp usage for large hotel blocks amending rates.
- Special Requests – Unique (large comp events) requests for Harrah’s.
- Attend Council meetings, conferences and special meetings when requested.
- Maintain and coordinate calendars.
- Schedule appointments.
- Arranges travel plans and itineraries.
- Compile documents for travel related meetings.
- Accompany council when requested.
- Screen incoming calls and correspondence.
- Ensure that calls and correspondence are distributed in a timely fashion.
- Respond to complaints and inquiries.
- Compose follow-up correspondence for Chairperson’s approval and signature.
- If requested, serves as on-site liaison for tours and meetings.
- IT support as required.
- Coordinate set up for events at Tribal Hall (Council directed events).
- Administrative support to consultants (Public Relations).
- Driver as requested.
- Notary required.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE AND/OR TRAINING
- Graduation from a U.S. high school, G.E.D. or equivalent from a U.S. institution, or a California High School Proficiency Examination (CHSPE) certificate is required.
- Two (2) years of college (Associates Degree) in business or related business management field or equivalent (Preferred).
- Five (5) years of Executive Assistant experience.
- Must be proficient with a myriad of computer programs and software such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Successful applicants will be a creative thinker, an energetic self-starter who enjoys new challenges and are able to function comfortably in a fast-paced team environment or independently.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of people in a diverse community.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS
The following license and certification are required to be maintained throughout employment and are not subject to waiver:
- Valid California Driver’s License. Must maintain a satisfactory driving record with the DMV.
- Notary Public preferred.
The Rincon Band of Luiseño Indians offers a comprehensive and competitive benefit package for full-time and qualifying part-time employees. Benefit include the following:
- Health & Wellness Coverage: Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) Accrual
- Holidays: Full-time employees and qualifying part-time employees are eligible for eleven (11) full paid holidays, and four (4) half day (4 hours) paid holidays.
- Comprehensive Annual Performance & Merit Reviews
- Job Training based on Business Needs
- Life and Long Term Disability: $100,000 employer paid Life Insurance and Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts: Healthcare and Dependent care reimbursement accounts
- Supplemental Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Supplemental Coverage: Disability, Accident, Cancer, Life and Hospital Confinement
- Retirement: 401(k) retirement plan with a generous employer match
- Company Events: Rincon Tribal Government holds great social events for employees and occasionally raffle many prizes.