Open Date: 08/30/2023
Closing Date: Until Filled
Requisition Number: 008-2023
Classification: Full-Time / Non-Exempt
Salary: $20.50 – $22.30 (hourly)
Location: Valley Center, CA
This position, under the supervision of the Backgrounds Supervisor, is responsible for managing the front desk daily, performing a variety of administrative tasks, and assisting in maintaining the efficient function of the Rincon Tribal Gaming Commission (RTGC) Backgrounds Department. This position deals heavily with the public, is responsible for handling personal confidential information, and processing gaming license applications. This person will conduct business in a professional and cordial manner that will uphold the integrity and reputation of Rincon. This position maintains a thorough working knowledge of and adheres to tribal policies, regulations, and procedures.
Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
The following duties are typical for this classification. Incumbents may not perform all of the listed duties and/or may be required to perform additional or different duties from those set forth below to address business needs and changing business practices.
- Receive visitors, including the public, vendors, and all gaming license applicants.
- Demonstrates superior customer service skills and conducts themselves in a professional client-centered manner that will uphold the integrity of the RTGC. Ability to communicate and provide detailed directions, verbally and written.
- Create electronic applications for background investigations and fingerprints via Live Scan if appropriate.
- Answer phones and respond to inquiries, verbally and written with regard to gaming license status.
- Maintain applicant files electronically with respect to gaming license and employment status. Remove terminated employees from active investigation files, collect and properly destroy outdated gaming licenses.
- Process gaming license transfers, promotions, terminations and revocations, and any temporary job requests.
- Data collection and report preparation, including reconciliation of monthly fingerprint reports via Live Scan database for submission to regulatory agencies.
- Process monthly billing and invoices to Gaming Operation.
- Establishes and maintains record systems and files; updates and maintains complex records and reports including those of a confidential privileged and sensitive nature.
- Prepare certified and other mail requests. Receive shipments from various vendors, log and notify proper department for pick-up.
- Ability to multi-task in a deadline driven, sometimes high-stress environment.
- Maintain effective working relationships with Gaming Operation departments and external agencies.
- Maintain an organized, clean, and safe working environment.
- Attend meetings and training courses as required by the Backgrounds Supervisor.
- Ability to exercise attention to detail and have excellent judgement and problemsolving
skills. Must be a team player with strong multi-tasking skills, time management and ability to accommodate a flexible work schedule based on the needs of the department.
- Work closely with RTGC Department Managers and provide administrative support when appropriate.
- Demonstrates an awareness and appreciation of the cultural diversity of the community.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Adhere to safety standards and regulations of the Tribal Council.
- Handle all confidential and proprietary information in accordance with Rincon Tribal Government and Gaming Commission policies and procedures.
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining vigilant attention to detail.
- Attends required meetings and training.
- Perform other related or non-related job duties as required by the Background Supervisor or Manager.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE AND/OR TRAINING
- Graduation from a U.S. high school, G.E.D. or equivalent from a U.S. institution, or a California High School Proficiency Examination (CHSPE) certificate is required.
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to: graduation from high school supplemented by college-level coursework in business; office
- management or a related field; or four years of responsible secretarial or administrative assistance experience involving public contact.
- Gaming experience preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish, written and spoken preferred.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS
The following license and certification are required to be maintained throughout employment and are not subject to waiver:
- Valid California Driver’s License. Must maintain a satisfactory driving record with the DMV.
- Ability to pass an extensive background check and obtain a Gaming License.
- Must be willing to sign a Non-disclosure and Confidentiality Agreement upon employment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Strong organizational skills and the flexibility and ability to manage time and multiple tasks with little supervision.
- Successful applicants will be a creative thinker, an energetic self-starter who enjoys new challenges and are able to function comfortably in a fast-paced team environment or independently.
The Rincon Band of Luiseño Indians offers a comprehensive and competitive benefit
package for full-time and qualifying part-time employees. Benefits include the following:
- Health & Wellness Coverage: Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) Accrual
- Holidays: Full-time employees and qualifying part-time employees are eligible for eleven (11) full paid holidays, and four (4) half day (4 hours) paid holidays.
- Comprehensive Annual Performance & Merit Reviews
- Job Training based on Business Needs
- Life and Long Term Disability: $100,000 employer paid Life Insurance and Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts: Healthcare and Dependent care reimbursement accounts
- Supplemental Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Supplemental Coverage: Disability, Accident, Cancer, Life and Hospital Confinement
- Retirement: 401(k) retirement plan with a generous employer match
- Company Events: Rincon Tribal Government holds great social events for employees and occasionally raffle many prizes.