Open Date: 04/10/19
Requisition Number: 009-2019
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Reports to: Backgrounds Manager
Location: Valley Center, CA
OPPORTUNITY: This position is responsible to assist with maintaining the function of the Rincon Gaming Commission Background Department in all aspects of its operation.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE AND/OR TRAINING: High school diploma or GED, with some college work. 1 to 2 years of work experience WORK-RELATED KNOWLEDGE: Gaming Experience Preferred.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS: ValidDriver’s License. Must be able to obtain a gaming license.
- Assists and/or ensures employee applications are completed and notarized. Confirm/clarify gaps in employment and residence(s) and verify phone numbers.
- Maintain employee applicant files, remove terminated employees from active investigation files, recover and properly destroy employee’s license.
- Maintain and update statistical applicant information when any applicant or employee changes occur.
- Fingerprint all applicants and forward the information to required agencies and maintain a database of all fingerprint information.
- Scanning and Indexing files and documents in addition to background correspondence.
- Assemble background files for Investigators.
- Maintain correspondence for the NIGC Pilot Program and key background submittal to the State of California.
- Verify NIGC monthly fingerprint reports to the Rincon Gaming Commission live-scan database.
- Interview applicants to confirm or rule-out listed criminal information and request documents as needed.
- Prepare reports/recommendations for action by superior.
- Attend required meetings and trainings.
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled.
HOW TO APPLY: Submit a resume to the Human Resources Department, One Government Center Lane, Valley Center, California 92082, or e-mail to email@example.com
Tribal preference will be given to eligible Rincon Tribal Members who meet the minimum qualifications. Background investigation, drug and alcohol screening are required as a condition of employment. Rincon Band of Luiseno Indians is an equal opportunity employer.