Maintenance Worker I – Landscape
Open Date: 06/21/2019
Requisition Number: 021-2019
Department: Public Works GF – Landscape Maintenance
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Reports to: Supervisor – Landscape Maintenance
Location: Valley Center, CA
OPPORTUNITY: The Maintenance Worker I is the entry level class in the Maintenance Worker series that allows the incumbent to develop journey level knowledge and abilities. Initially, under immediate supervision, incumbents perform the more routine and less complex assignments within an established procedural framework where there are minimal consequences of error, including a wide variety of maintenance and construction tasks. Perform general maintenance on housing and yards and install fencing. This position will conduct business in a professional and cordial manner that will uphold the integrity and reputation of Rincon Band of Luiseño Indians.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE AND/OR TRAINING: High School Diploma or GED and 1 to 2 years of work experience as a laborer in construction, maintenance or landscape work. WORK-RELATED KNOWLEDGE: Street construction and maintenance of parks, buildings and grounds.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS: Valid driver’s license.
- Performs standard labor for cleanup project on the Rincon Indian Reservation.
- Able to work to properly dispose of hazardous waste.
- Must be able to work outdoors all day.
- Able to lift and assist with loading and unloading of heavy materials.
- Maintenance, repair, construction and installation work in streets, parks, recreation areas, facilities, inspect assigned areas and correct and/or report safety hazards.
- Assists other employees with the operation of trucks, loaders, backhoes, forklifts and other light and heavy duty maintenance/construction equipment.
- Maintain and clean assigned vehicles/equipment and operate a variety of hand and power tools.
- Inspects tools and equipment for safety and mechanical defects.
- Work with a variety of outside contractors and responds to after hour call-outs as assigned.
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
HOW TO APPLY: Submit a resume to the Human Resources Department, One Government Center Ln., Valley Center, California 92082, or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org Tribal preference will be given to eligible Rincon Tribal Members who meet the minimum qualifications. Background investigation, drug and alcohol screening is required as a condition of employment. Rincon Band of Luiseno Indians is an equal opportunity employer.