Museum Assistant (Part Time)
Open Date: 10/21/19
Requisition Number: 007-2019
Department: Cultural Resources
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Reports to: Cultural Resources Manager
Location: Valley Center, CA
Under the direction of the Cultural Resources Manager and led by the Museum Specialist, the Museum Assistant will provide administrative services to the Rincon Tribal Museum ensuring effective and efficient support of day to day operations. This position provides a positive professional image and provides for enhanced communication, documentation, advanced reporting and increasing use of advanced technology to increase the accuracy of information, reporting and recordkeeping. This position maintains a thorough working knowledge of and adheres to tribal policies, regulations and procedures. This position must be tactful and courteous with the public, and deals with sensitive issues related to Rincon Museum collections.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE AND/OR TRAINING: High school diploma or GED,
Two years of college (Assistants Degree) or equivalent
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS:
Valid drivers’ license
- Assists in the daily operations of the museum and facilities.
- Assists to identify publications of important historical and cultural significance to the Rincon Tribe.
- Assists with research of Native and non-Native institutions for information and artifacts relating to Luiseno history and culture.
- Assists in the design and preparation of Museum exhibits and displays with staff, consultants and advisory committee.
- Assists to research topics or items relevant to the Rincon Tribal collections.
- Assists with the handling objects found in Rincon cultural, biological or historical collect ions.
- Assists with providing guided museum tours, education programs and special events for Tribal Members, schools, local groups, and community.
- Assists in planning, organizing and conducting programs and special events.
- Assists with the development of class materials for the Rincon Luiseno Language class.
- Assists with cataloging historic objects, books, images, and other archival and library media.
- Assist with establishment of effective and productive partnerships with local and federal organizations that promotes a positive image for the Tribe.
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
HOW TO APPLY: If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit a resume to the Human Resources Department, One Government Center Ln, Valley Center, California 92082, or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Tribal preference will be given to eligible Rincon Tribal Members who meet the minimum qualifications background investigation, drug and alcohol screening is required as a condition of employment. Rincon Band of Luiseno Indians is an equal opportunity employer.