Network and Systems Administrator
Open Date: 08/19/2019
Requisition Number: 029-2019
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Reports to: IT Director
Location: Valley Center, CA
OPPORTUNITY: Under general direction, the Network & Systems Administrator perform highly responsible, complex administrative and technical duties in the design, development, analysis and operation of the Tribal Government’s external/ internal multi-level network and information systems. This position will work with a variety of network systems at various Rincon Tribal Government locations. Duties will include but are not limited to daily response to technical network connection problems, system configuration and backup, web based system software, purchase and installation of new system hardware. This person will conduct business in a professional and cordial manner that will uphold the integrity and reputation of Rincon. This position maintains a thorough working knowledge of and adheres to tribal policies, regulations and procedures.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE AND/OR TRAINING: High School Diploma or GED. Associate degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in computer science, information systems or a closely related field. Five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in computer system operation, designing, developing, analyzing, maintaining, and implementing multi-level platforms systems in LAN/WAN environments, as well implementing complex database management systems.
WORK RELATED KNOWLEDGE: Knowledge of principals, practices and techniques of multi-level network systems management and general administration.
Methods and techniques used to install, test, and operate multi-level network hardware and software.
Windows Server OS and network security. Capability and capacity of various software products/communication utilities. Principles of data communications and telecommunications when installing, testing, and maintaining network systems. Principles of TCP/IP and related protocols. Teleprocessing and telecommunications architecture. Windows and Mac computer operating systems. Programming tools and equipment, software, and utilities. Concepts, methods, techniques, and capabilities of platform connectivity products. Concepts, methods, and techniques of project management pertaining to information technology.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS: Valid Drivers License (Class C). Combination of any two certifications listed is desirable: one from each group:
- Microsoft Certifications: MCSA, MCSE (2012 through Current OS)
- VMware Certifications: VCP 5.1 through 6.5
- Cisco Certifications: Cisco Professional or Expert level certifications; CCNA, CCNP
- CompTIA Certifications: Network+\Security+
- Responsible for all aspects of the Tribal Governments LAN/WAN network and information systems, which includes VMware ESXi virtual infrastructure, physical storage and servers, cameras and NVR’s.
- Responsible for network security which includes Symantec Endpoint (server side), messaging gateway and firewalls, IPS\IDS, camera systems.
- Lead\Co-lead, coordinate and assist with IT projects
- Install, configure, test, and implement servers and networking hardware. Decommission servers\network hardware and applications as needed.
- Monitor network performance to determine whether adjustments need to be made, and to determine where changes will need to be made in the future. Use Solarwinds monitoring as a baseline for network and systems efficiency
- Administer and design Websites and manage Domain Namespaces.
- Responsible for all basic Windows server administration such as DNS, DHCP, Group Policy and Active Directory.
- Develop and maintain up-to-date documentation for network infrastructures, servers, and procedures. Convey information to the Tribal Government community as appropriate regarding network and server interface protocols.
- Develop, maintain, and administer all Tribal Government network server backups using Veeam, which also include data replication, data recovery, and disaster recovery.
- Recommend scheduled system downtime with Tribal Government community to facilitate hardware and software upgrades, changeovers, and backups.
- Convert applications and data from one network platform to another. Implement data conversions and\or migrations from old to new systems.
- Implement and maintain virtual machine environments utilizing VMware vSphere. Keeping both Host and VMs updated.
- Manage and update both on-premise Exchange and Office 365 Hybrid environments. Including full upgrades of both server and Exchange versions.
- Participate in troubleshooting to resolve network hardware and operations problems, including but not limited to connectivity, internet access, electronic mail and file servers.
- Responsible for upgrading Firmware on network switches, backing up configurations on those devices and maintaining a clean organized IDF closet
- Responsible for VOIP using Cisco Call Manager and Cell Phone Management
- Responsible for Wireless ICCN infrastructure and other wireless connectivity solutions.
- Make recommendations regarding, equipment, materials and supplies.
- Recommend changes to improve systems and network configurations and determine hardware or software requirements related to such changes.
- Maintain the Tribal support ticketing system, prioritize and respond to and/or dispatch support calls and issue reports to the IT Director on a monthly basis.
- Assist with Helpdesk when needed and\or able.
- Attend Meetings and conferences as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned that support the overall objective of the position.
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
HOW TO APPLY: Submit a resume to the Human Resources Department, One Government Center Ln, Valley Center, California 92082, or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Tribal preference will be given to eligible Rincon Tribal Members who meet the minimum qualifications. Background investigation, drug and alcohol screening are required as a condition of employment. Rincon Band of Luiseno Indians is an equal opportunity employer.