Open Date: 09/14/2021
Closing Date: Until Filled
Requisition Number: 027-2020
Classification: Casual / Part-Time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Location: Valley Center, CA
Under general supervision and direction of the Education Manager, the Playground Activity Aide will provide child supervision on the playground and during other outdoor activities. Assists Education Department Staff in the safety and well-being of students; and intercedes in potentially harmful situations in accordance with Rincon Education Department procedures. This person will conduct business in a professional and cordial manner that will uphold the integrity and reputation of Rincon.
The following duties are typical for this classification. Incumbents may not perform all of the listed duties and/or may be required to perform additional or different duties from those set forth below to address business needs and changing business practices.
- Provide playground supervision of students enrolled in the Afterschool Tutorial Program. Plan organized outdoor activities and maintain appropriate conduct of the youth.
- Inspects, reviews, and monitors campus to deter and prevent inappropriate behavior and eliminate potential safety hazards.
- Maintains appropriate student behavior per established policies, procedures, and employee conduct code.
- Reports inappropriate student behavior to Recreation Manager.
- Refers student discipline issues to teacher or Recreation Manager.
- Assist with the planning, setting-up, conducting, and cleaning-up of weekly Fun- Friday programs, special events, trips, and other programs offered through the Education Department.
- Help develop a calendar of events that include weekly and daily activities to promote a healthy active lifestyle.
- Check in students to the program as they arrive on the bus or by car. Makes sure that students are safely walking into the building and head to their assigned classrooms.
- Is responsible for walking the entire perimeter of the playground to make sure there are no hazards and that all equipment is in good working condition.
- Assists in keeping work areas in an orderly and neat condition, including daily cleaning of the playground, tables and empties the trash as necessary.
- Distributes, monitors, and maintains equipment and supplies. Notifies Education Manager when equipment is broken or needs to be replaced.
- Establishes positive working relationships with students, their families and other Rincon departments.
- Encourages students to develop good habits and promotes courtesy among students.
- Attend required meetings and training.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE AND/OR TRAINING
- Graduation from a U.S. high school, G.E.D. or equivalent from a U.S. institution, or a California High School Proficiency Examination (CHSPE) certificate is required.
- Any combination of education and/or experience that has provided the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary for a Playground Aide.
- Six months of experience in supervising or working with students in an organized setting.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- The ideal candidate should be familiar with developing and leading activities for children or teens.
- Experience working with Native American communities and culture (preferred).
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
The following license and certification are required to be maintained throughout employment and are not subject to waiver:
- Valid California Driver’s License. Must maintain a satisfactory driving record with the DMV.
- Must have the ability to obtain CPR and First Aid Certification
The Rincon Band of Luiseño Indians offers a comprehensive and competitive benefit package for full-time and qualifying part-time employees. Benefit include the following:
- Health & Wellness Coverage: Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) Accrual
- Holidays: Full-time employees and qualifying part-time employees are eligible for eleven (11) full paid holidays, and four (4) half day (4 hours) paid holidays.
- Comprehensive Annual Performance & Merit Reviews
- Job Training based on Business Needs
- Life and Long Term Disability: $100,000 employer paid Life Insurance and Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts: Healthcare and Dependent care reimbursement accounts
- Supplemental Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Supplemental Coverage: Disability, Accident, Cancer, Life and Hospital Confinement
- Retirement: 401(k) retirement plan with a generous employer match
- Company Events: Rincon Tribal Government holds great social events for employees and occasionally raffle many prizes.