Open Date: 6/10/2019
Requisition Number: 017-2019
Department: Finance Department
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Reports to: Finance Director
Location: Valley Center, CA
OPPORTUNITY: This position under general direction of the Director of Finance is responsible for planning, directing, organizing, and controlling the centralized operation of the Tribal Government’s procurement activities. These duties involve the acquisition of materials, supplies, equipment and services as directed. The Procurement Officer will also work closely with Tribal Government departments, organizations, and personnel in regards to other various Tribal projects and assignments. This person will conduct business in a professional and cordial manner that will uphold the integrity and reputation of Rincon. This position maintains a thorough working knowledge of and adheres to tribal policies, regulations and procedures.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE AND/OR TRAINING: Bachelors’ degree in Business or Administration, Procurement, or closely related field from an accredited college or university. Three (3) years of progressively responsible procurement work experience involving municipal government, or closely related organizations. CPA highly desired.
WORK-RELATED KNOWLEDGE: Knowledge of the principles, practices, policies and procedures of procurement/material management. Knowledge of principles and practices of management necessary to plan, analyze, develop, direct, control and evaluate a complex purchasing system. Knowledge of methods for evaluating costs for services and supplies; product standards of various operating departments. Knowledge of methods and resources used in researching and analyzing commodities and services. Knowledge of competitive bid practices and procedures; methods used in evaluating vendor capability and performance; and principles and practices of budgeting and budget control. Knowledge of governmental procurement and contracting systems, procedures and legal requirements. Knowledge of Inventory control procedures. Knowledge of Methods and techniques for basic research, statistical analysis, report preparation, and presentation.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS: Valid driver’s license. Public Purchasing Officer (CPPO), Professional Public Buyer (CPPB), or Senior Professional in Supply Management certification (SPSM) preferred.
- Plan, organize, administer, and maintain a comprehensive procurement and contracting program involving the provision of procurement for the Tribal Government.
- Develop and maintain policies, rules and procedures for the effective operation of the procurement office, including establishing goals, objectives and priorities.
- Resolve procurement problems and issues following established Tribal Government procurement policies and procedures.
- Manage the disposal of surplus Tribal government property as directed by the Director of Finance.
- Assist with establishing Tribal procurement strategies.
- Develop, implement, and maintain procurement and contracting electronic tracking system.
- Assist Tribal departments with establishing purchasing goals, objectives, priorities, schedules and budgets for individual programs and projects.
- Assists with the formation and development with scope of work for various departments.
- Develop detailed sourcing and category plans to maximize effectiveness and efficiency.
- Implement procurement processes and purchases to ensure efficiency, cost savings and best practices.
- Perform sourcing liaising and negotiating with new and existing suppliers to improve business.
- Create documentation necessary for the acquisition of materials and services.
- Review supplies, works and services to ensure compliance with company procedures and best procurement practice.
- Provide updates about procurement related progress and potential delays on a daily basis to department heads and Finance Director.
- Maintain positive working relationships with strategic suppliers to assure cost, quality and delivery targets are met.
- Develop and administer budget; evaluate and recommends equipment, materials and supplies.
- Develop and administer annual contracts for frequently used commodities and services.
- Present ideas and concepts effectively and persuasively before large and small groups.
- Conduct and/or coordinate complex studies, and prepares comprehensive reports, recommendations surrounding Tribal procurement and contracts.
- Attend required meetings and trainings.
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
HOW TO APPLY: Submit a resume to the Human Resources Department, One Government Center Lane, California 92082, or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org Tribal preference will be given to eligible Rincon Tribal Members who meet the minimum qualifications. Background investigation, drug and alcohol screening are required as a condition of employment. Rincon Band of Luiseno Indians is an equal opportunity employer.