Open Date: 05/25/2021
Closing Date: Until Filled
Requisition Number: 010-2021
Salary: Commensurate w/ Experience
Location: Valley Center, CA
Under general supervision of the Recreation Manager, the Recreation Activity Aide position assists with the operation and safe implementation of Tribal recreational programs, activities or services. This classification is casual employment. This person will conduct business in a professional and cordial manner that will uphold the integrity and reputation of Rincon.
The following duties are typical for this classification. Incumbents may not perform all of the listed duties and/or may be required to perform additional or different duties from those set forth below to address business needs and changing business practices.
- Assist with the planning, setting-up, conducting, and cleaning-up of drop-in/after school programs, special events, trips, and other programs offered through the Tribal Recreation Department.
- Responsible for the organization and inventory of recreation supplies and equipment.
- Assists with the training, leadership, and assignment of duties for volunteers as required.
- Maintain records and public information areas, file, make appointments, answer telephone calls, accepts class registration fees, and answers customer’s questions.
- Handle confidential information.
- Assists in maintaining order among patrons.
- Assists in facilitating and organizing recreation activities including excursions, special events, and facility usages and sports programs.
- Assists in leading children at parks or facilities, and leads group activities.
- Distributes, monitors, and maintains equipment and supplies.
- Assists in preparing program and event publicity.
- Establishes positive working relationships with representatives of community organizations, Rincon Recreation management and staff, and the public.
- Attend required meetings and training.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE AND/OR TRAINING
- Graduation from a U.S. high school, G.E.D. or equivalent from a U.S. institution, or a California High School Proficiency Examination (CHSPE) certificate is required.
- Any combination of education and/or experience that has provided the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary for a Recreation Aide. The ideal candidate should be familiar with developing and leading activities for children or teens.
- Three (3) years of progressive experience conducting and developing similar programs is preferred.
- Experience working with Native American communities and culture (preferred).
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS
The following license and certification are required to be maintained throughout employment and are not subject to waiver:
- Valid California Driver’s License. Must maintain a satisfactory driving record with the DMV.
- Must have the ability to obtain CPR and First Aid Certification.
- Recreational games, sports (recreational and competitive), crafts, tournaments or other specialized areas
- Take an active role in providing leadership and discipline to all ages
- Be creative and innovative with recreation programs dealing with children and teens
- Provide information and communicate in a clear and efficient manner
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with co-workers, supervisors, volunteers, patrons, public and private agencies, general public and special groups
- Maintain attendance records, prepare reports, activity calendars, maintain registration records and provide customer service
- Take direction from supervisors and implement directives successfully.
The Rincon Band of Luiseño Indians offers a comprehensive and competitive benefit package for full-time and qualifying part-time employees. Benefit include the following:
- Health & Wellness Coverage: Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) Accrual
- Holidays: Full-time employees and qualifying part-time employees are eligible for eleven (11) full paid holidays, and four (4) half day (4 hours) paid holidays.
- Comprehensive Annual Performance & Merit Reviews
- Job Training based on Business Needs
- Life and Long Term Disability: $100,000 employer paid Life Insurance and Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts: Healthcare and Dependent care reimbursement accounts
- Supplemental Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Supplemental Coverage: Disability, Accident, Cancer, Life and Hospital Confinement
- Retirement: 401(k) retirement plan with a generous employer match
- Company Events: Rincon Tribal Government holds great social events for employees and occasionally raffle many prizes.