Open Date: 07/22/2019
Requisition Number: 028-2019
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Reports to: Recreation Manager
Location: Valley Center, CA
OPPORTUNITY: This position is responsible for assisting with activities and operations of the Rincon Recreation, Education and Youth Services Department. This includes performing associated recreation administrative duties and responsibilities. Some duties include assisting with the development and administration of Tribal recreation programs; coordinating and maintaining the use of equipment; transporting and supervision of children to various events. This position is responsible for supporting the recreation goals and objectives of the Rincon Band of Luiseño Indians under the direction of the Recreation Manager. This person will conduct business in a professional and cordial manner that will uphold the integrity and reputation of Rincon.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE AND/OR TRAINING: High School Diploma or GED. Associates Degree in Parks & Recreation Administration, Public Administration, Physical Education or similar degree (preferred).
One (1) year of recreation program experience, preferably within a local government (or related); or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS: Valid drivers’ license Class C; valid drivers’ license Class B (Preferred)
- Assist in the administration of all operations, activities and policies of the Rincon Recreation Department.
- Assist in the development, promotion, and organization of a variety of recreational programs; works with Tribal members and various Tribal organizations to determine recreational interests/needs; maintains schedules/records and use of recreation facilities.
- Assist with public relations, marketing and promotions; communicate and publicizes availability of facilities and recreation programs to the Rincon Tribal community.
- Maintain inventory of materials, equipment, and supplies; submit orders for new or replacement materials to the Recreation Manager.
- Assist in the preparation and/or generation of routine correspondence, letters, memoranda, forms, reports and other documents via computer and/or typewriter.
- Transport local community children and adults to special events utilizing company vehicles. Supervise, monitor, and assume responsibility of all under age children that are under your charge during approved recreational activities.
- Responds to routine requests for information from Rincon Tribal officials, employees, members of the staff, the public or other individuals.
- Answers the telephone; provides information; returns calls as necessary.
- Uses knowledge of various software programs to operate a computer in an effective and efficient manner.
- Attend, coordinate and develop meetings, conferences, and trainings to remain current on all national, regional, and local issues pertaining to Tribal recreation issues as directed.
- Assist Recreation Manager with written, oral, and computer based presentations to Tribal Council, General Membership and other individuals for program reporting, project status, and community outreach.
- Support Recreation Manager to ensure recreational facilities are maintained in order to provide a safe, clean and appropriate environment for recreation activities.
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled.
HOW TO APPLY: Submit a resume to the Human Resources Department, One Government Center Ln, Valley Center, California 92082, or e-mail to email@example.com
Tribal preference will be given to eligible Rincon Tribal Members who meet the minimum qualifications. Background investigation, drug and alcohol screening are required as a condition of employment. Rincon Band of Luiseno Indians is an equal opportunity employer.