Site Monitor (Casual)
Open Date: 02/03/2020
Requisition Number: 031-2019
Department: Cultural Resources
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Reports to: Cultural Resources Manager
Location: Valley Center, CA
OPPORTUNITY: This position, under the direction of the Cultural Resources Manager, is responsible for the prevention, collection and on-site monitoring of excavations and work areas on Tribal lands. This position will conduct business in a professional and cordial manner that will uphold the integrity and reputation of Rincon.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE AND/OR TRAINING: High School Diploma or GED; 1 to 2 years of related work experience in site monitoring or archaeological work (preferred).
WORK-RELATED KNOWLEDGE: Ability to read topographical maps and locate future inclusion; knowledge of federal health codes; knowledge of Native American sites, cultures, religion, ceremony and burial practices; knowledge of techniques used to collect on-site data.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS: Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to identify archaeological deposits and potential areas of impact, and work with cultural resource teams to preserve and protect native burials and significant finds.
- Work collaboratively to carefully observe and identify potential significant archaeological finds, human remains and prevent destruction.
- Prevent archaeological artifact loss and insensitive desecration of Native American remains in site work areas or during excavations.
- Examine and identify archaeological finds and assess their significance; carry out a treatment plan.
- Work with Tribal employees, local law enforcement officials and Native American agencies during excavations.
- Partner with cultural department and museums in relation to archaeological data base.
- Collect on-site data and information in relation to excavation or archaeological finds.
- Attend conferences and technical related trainings as directed.
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
HOW TO APPLY: Submit a resume to the Human Resources Department, One Government Center Lane, Valley Center, California 92082, or e-mail to email@example.com
Tribal preference will be given to eligible Rincon Tribal Members who meet the minimum qualifications background investigation, drug and alcohol screening is required as a condition of employment. Rincon Band of Luiseno Indians is an equal opportunity employer.