Open Date: 01/23/2023
Closing Date: Until Filled
Requisition Number: 003-2023
Classification: Part-Time / Non-Exempt
Salary: $48.15 (hourly)
Location: Valley Center, CA
This position is responsible for supervising, educating, and supporting students to help them accomplish learning benchmarks. Their duties include planning lessons that target specific skills and concepts, managing classroom behavior to keep all students engaged in the lesson and providing individual support and feedback for their students, and assist with the coordination for an effective instructional program.
The following duties are typical for this classification. Incumbents may not perform all of the listed duties and/or may be required to perform additional or different duties from those set forth below to address business needs and changing business practices.
- Assist with the coordination and conduction of student development activities.
- Assist tutors with developing and/or presenting teaching strategies and instructional units and recommending materials and activities.
- Assist in previewing, selecting, and developing materials based on current educational trends and developments through professional literature, classes and seminars.
- Assist with the development, presentation, and implementation of the curriculum instructional activities related to the program.
- Provide supportive services to parents, tutors, students, and administration.
- Promote community understanding of curriculum goals, objectives, and programs. Encourage community involvement wherever appropriate.
- Assist with planning, coordination, and implementation of special education projects, programs and events.
- Keep professional skills and knowledge updated.
- Share in responsibility for the effective operation of the Rincon Education program.
- Encouraging students to explore learning opportunities and career paths.
- Provide a safe, thriving, and respectful environment for all students in the classroom and on the Rincon Education campus.
- Demonstrates an awareness and appreciation of the cultural diversity of the community.
- Works independently in the absence of supervisor.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Adhere to safety standards and regulations of the Tribal Council.
- Handle all confidential and proprietary information in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Attends required meetings and trainings.
- Perform other related duties as required.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE AND/OR TRAINING
- Teaching Credential or equivalent
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS
The following license and certification are required to be maintained throughout employment and are not subject to waiver:
- Valid California Driver’s License. Must maintain a satisfactory driving record with the DMV.
- Provide student with opportunities to establish and achieve educational goals.
- Provide educational programs to develop student abilities and talents.
- Identify and select suitable learning materials, equipment and resources.
- Utilize a variety of appropriate teaching techniques and methods
- The ability to monitor student progress through evaluation, goal setting and documentation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Strong organizational skills and the flexibility and ability to manage time and multiple tasks with little supervision.
- Proficiency with all current Microsoft Office programs as well as any other software programs, online communication platforms and other technology necessary to perform the job.
- Experience developing communication materials, including PowerPoint presentations, flyers, brochures, booklets, etc.
- Successful applicants will be a creative thinker, an energetic self-starter who enjoys new challenges and are able to
The Rincon Band of Luiseño Indians offers a comprehensive and competitive benefit package for full-time and qualifying part-time employees. Benefit include the following:
- Health & Wellness Coverage: Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) Accrual
- Holidays: Full-time employees and qualifying part-time employees are eligible for eleven (11) full paid holidays, and four (4) half day (4 hours) paid holidays.
- Comprehensive Annual Performance & Merit Reviews
- Job Training based on Business Needs
- Life and Long-Term Disability: $100,000 employer paid Life Insurance and Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts: Healthcare and Dependent care reimbursement accounts
- Supplemental Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Supplemental Coverage: Disability, Accident, Cancer, Life and Hospital Confinement
- Retirement: 401(k) retirement plan with a generous employer match
- Company Events: Rincon Tribal Government holds great social events for employees and occasionally raffle many prizes.