Tribal Law Enforcement Officer
Open Date: 01/07/2020
Requisition Number: 001-2020
Department: Tribal Law Enforcement
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Reports to: Tribal Law Enforcement Manager
Location: Valley Center, CA
OPPORTUNITY: The role of Tribal Law Enforcement Officer is highly influential to the efficient functioning of the Rincon Tribal Government. Under general direction of the Tribal Law Enforcement Manager and supervision of the Lead Tribal Law Enforcement Officer, the Tribal Law Enforcement Officer will assist in the implementation of a uniform “Observe and Report” patrol team for the Rincon Reservation. This person will provide excellent customer service in a professional and cordial manner. This position requires a dynamic individual with strong dedication to service and safety.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE AND/OR TRAINING: Ability to obtain a California Guard Card within three months of employment-(Required). California Guard Card with Firearm Permit (Preferred). CPR and Basic First Aid Certifications (Preferred)
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS: Valid driver’s license.
WORK-RELATED KNOWLEDGE: Experience in basic Tribal Law Enforcement patrol tactics.
Experience working alongside various law enforcement agencies. Knowledge of generally accepted Law Enforcement best practices. Basic computers skills related to Word Processing and Internet/E-mail.
- Provides for public safety by maintaining order, responding to emergencies, protecting people and property, enforcing tribal law and promoting good community relations.
- Reviews and record facts of incidents to determine if criminal act, Tribal Law, or Tribal regulatory violations were involved.
- Renders aid to accident victims and other persons requiring first aid.
- Provides credible, testimony in court to present evidence or act as witness in traffic, criminal, and regulatory cases.
- Participates in planning, development, and management of Tribal Law Enforcement services.
- Assists the Tribal Law Enforcement Manager with public relations with the Rincon community to develop rapport, open lines of communication, and assist in resolving security concerns of those that reside on the Reservation.
- Assists in development of Tribal Law Enforcement policies, procedures, standards, and directives.
- Acts as a liaison with other Tribal Law Enforcement and law enforcement agencies.
- Acts as a catalyst to leverage technologies to assist the Tribal Law Enforcement function.
- Ensures efficient and effective response, and documentation of events.
- Prepares reports; gathers data and submits the information to improve safety.
- Responds to inquiries, investigates, observes and reports law enforcement related concerns.
- Participates in the development of department goals and objectives; recommends, implements, and follows policies and shares procedures to enhance “Best Practice” operations.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Emergency disaster response as requested.
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
HOW TO APPLY: Submit a resume to the Human Resources Department, One Government Center Ln. Valley Center, California 92082, or e-mail to email@example.com
Tribal preference will be given to eligible Rincon Tribal Members who meet the minimum qualifications. Background investigation, drug and alcohol screening are required as a condition of employment. Rincon Band of Luiseño Indians is an equal opportunity employer.