Open Date: 01/13/2023
Closing Date: Until Filled
Requisition Number: 002-2023
Department: Human Resources
Classification: Full-Time / Non-Exempt
Salary: $22.00 – $25.00 hourly
Location: Valley Center, CA
This position under the supervision of the Director of Human Resources will assist in the coordination of the day-to-day administration of the Tribal membership benefits, service programs, membership enrollment, and other related services. This position will interface with Tribal Members, Tribal Government Departments, Federal and State Departments, insurance carriers, and other related service providers. This position is expected to exercise initiative and sound judgment in carrying out a variety of assignments that is within their scope of responsibility. Work under steady pressure with frequent interruptions which will entail a high degree of contact by phone or in person. Work independently and organize work to meet priorities and deadlines. This person will also conduct business in a professional and cordial manner that will uphold the integrity and reputation of the Rincon Tribal Government and the Human Resources Department. This position will maintain a thorough working knowledge of complex benefit functions, Tribal programs, and services. Maintain confidentiality of critical and sensitive information, records, and reports. In addition to adhering to the Tribal Government’s policies and procedures.
The following duties are typical for this classification. Incumbents may not perform all of the listed duties and/or may be required to perform additional or different duties from those set forth below to address business needs and changing business practices.
- Assist in the coordination of the day-to-day administration of the Tribal membership benefits, service programs, membership enrollment, and other related services.
- Maintains the integrity and confidentiality of human resources and member services files and records – including maintenance of records, ensuring completion and accuracy of details such as employee and tribal member contact information, classification and eligibility group, inputting data into database, and other key details.
- Performs periodic audits of HR and Tribal Member files and records to ensure that all required documents are collected and filed appropriately.
- Provide information and/or documents regarding Tribal membership benefits, service programs, Tribal enrollment benefits and other related services.
- Answer questions and provide general assistance regarding Tribal Government benefits, services, Tribal enrollment, programs, plans, policies, procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Coordinate all enrollment and changes for Tribal benefits and service programs. Ensure that Tribal Members have a thorough understanding of the Tribal benefits, services, and information necessary to make appropriate election of benefits and services.
- Advise Tribal Members on their eligibility for Tribal benefits and service programs. Provide quality customer service regarding Tribal benefits and service programs plan design.
- Maintain internal and external records and documents. Organize and collect enrollment change forms for Tribal benefits and service programs.
- Establish and foster good working relationships with brokers, insurance carriers, service providers, and Tribal Government Departments to resolve Tribal benefits and services problems. Provide assistance in resolving complaints or other administrative matters.
- Implement appropriate methods of effectively communicating Tribal benefits and services information; compose informational communication documents including brochures, materials, and other related publications.
- Communicate a variety of information using various communication channels.
- Analyze, conduct studies, and research; collect, compile, and analyze statistical data; complete and prepare various reports, surveys, and tables; prepare, maintain, and disseminate information and documents as appropriate and necessary.
- Perform complex technical and administrative responsibilities relating to Tribal membership benefits, service programs, Tribal enrollment benefits, and other related services.
- Maintain confidentiality and discreetness of critical and sensitive information, records, and reports.
- Sort and distribute incoming mail and prepare outgoing mail for Member Services and Human Resources Department.
- Take minutes of meetings.
- Monitor inventory of office supplies and report when there are shortages.
- Attend Meetings and conferences as requested or assigned.
- Demonstrates an awareness and appreciation of the cultural diversity of the community.
- Back up to the Human Resources Representative in the HR Department in a limited capacity.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Adhere to safety standards and regulations of the Tribal Council.
- Handle all confidential and proprietary information in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining vigilant attention to detail.
- Attends required meetings and trainings.
- Perform other related duties as required.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE AND/OR TRAINING
- Graduation from a U.S. high school, G.E.D. or equivalent from a U.S. institution, or a California High School Proficiency Examination (CHSPE) certificate is required.
- Associates Degree related to Business Management, preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years’ experience involving technical benefit and program service functions.
- Strong experience in utilizing MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Experience in researching and analyzing various related data/information.
- Experience in making recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using judgment that is in consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation, related to benefit laws and services.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS
The following license and certification are required to be maintained throughout employment and are not subject to waiver:
- Valid California Driver’s License. Must maintain a satisfactory driving record with the DMV.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Strong organizational skills and the flexibility and ability to manage time and multiple tasks with little supervision.
- Proficiency with all current Microsoft Office programs as well as any other software programs, online communication platforms and other technology necessary to perform the job.
- Experience developing communication materials, including PowerPoint presentations, flyers, brochures, booklets, etc.
- Successful applicants will be a creative thinker, an energetic self-starter who enjoys new challenges and are able to function comfortably in a fast-paced team environment or independently.
- Principles and procedures of record keeping.
- Pertinent Federal, State, and local laws, codes, and regulations relating to benefits and service programs.
The Rincon Band of Luiseño Indians offers a comprehensive and competitive benefit package for full-time and qualifying part-time employees. Benefit include the following:
- Health & Wellness Coverage: Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) Accrual
- Holidays: Full-time employees and qualifying part-time employees are eligible for eleven (11) full paid holidays, and four (4) half day (4 hours) paid holidays.
- Comprehensive Annual Performance & Merit Reviews
- Job Training based on Business Needs
- Life and Long-Term Disability: $100,000 employer paid Life Insurance and Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts: Healthcare and Dependent care reimbursement accounts
- Supplemental Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Supplemental Coverage: Disability, Accident, Cancer, Life and Hospital Confinement
- Retirement: 401(k) retirement plan with a generous employer match
- Company Events: Rincon Tribal Government holds great social events for employees and occasionally raffle many prizes.