Open Date: 06/01/2021
Closing Date: Until Filled
Requisition Number: 011-2021
Salary: Commensurate w/ Experience
Location: Valley Center, CA
Assist in providing intensive and extensive tutorial services for student’s grades 1-12. The Tutor will help provide feedback to the Education Coordinator regarding the progress the students are making. This person will conduct business in a professional and cordial manner that will uphold the integrity and reputation of Rincon. This position is classified as casual employment – understanding that at times the work and hours could be intermittent in nature, irregular and infrequent as projects are completed and based on department needs.
The following duties are typical for this classification. Incumbents may not perform all of the listed duties and/or may be required to perform additional or different duties from those set forth below to address business needs and changing business practices.
- Assist in providing academic support to assigned students, either in a group or individually.
- Responsible for maintaining records on each student who is being tutored, including follow-up and periodic assessment.
- Handle confidential information.
- Support student’s development of positive attitudes toward learning and studying.
- Foster student’s development of self-confidence, raises self-concept, and reduces anxiety or fear of failure in academic work.
- Encourage student’s motivation in academic areas.
- Help students in achieving a better understanding of specific subject material and in improving academic capabilities in designated areas.
- Assist students in developing of study skills necessary for academic success.
- Serve as role model for students.
- Assist in designing and implementing cooperative projects.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE AND/OR TRAINING
- Graduation from a U.S. high school, G.E.D. or equivalent from a U.S. institution, or a California High School Proficiency Examination (CHSPE) certificate is required.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
The following license and certification are required to be maintained throughout employment and are not subject to waiver:
- Valid California Driver’s License. Must maintain a satisfactory driving record with the DMV.
The Rincon Band of Luiseño Indians offers a comprehensive and competitive benefit package for full-time and qualifying part-time employees. Benefit include the following:
- Health & Wellness Coverage: Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) Accrual
- Holidays: Full-time employees and qualifying part-time employees are eligible for eleven (11) full paid holidays, and four (4) half day (4 hours) paid holidays.
- Comprehensive Annual Performance & Merit Reviews
- Job Training based on Business Needs
- Life and Long Term Disability: $100,000 employer paid Life Insurance and Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts: Healthcare and Dependent care reimbursement accounts
- Supplemental Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Supplemental Coverage: Disability, Accident, Cancer, Life and Hospital Confinement
- Retirement: 401(k) retirement plan with a generous employer match
- Company Events: Rincon Tribal Government holds great social events for employees and occasionally raffle many prizes.