Open Date: 09/19/2022
Closing Date: Until Filled
Requisition Number: 027-2022
Department: Tribal Law
Classification: Full-Time / Non-Exempt
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Location: Valley Center, CA
The role of Tribal Law Enforcement Officer II is highly influential to the efficient functioning of the Rincon Tribal Government. Under general direction of the Tribal Law Enforcement Manager and supervision of the Lead Tribal Law Enforcement Officer, the Tribal Law Enforcement Officer will assist in the implementation of a uniform “Observe and Report” patrol team for the Rincon Reservation. This person will provide excellent customer service in a professional and cordial manner. This position requires a dynamic individual with strong dedication to service and safety.
The following duties are typical for this classification. Incumbents may not perform all of the listed duties and/or may be required to perform additional or different duties from those set forth below to address business needs and changing business practices.
- Provides for public safety by maintaining order, responding to emergencies, protecting people and property, enforcing tribal law and promoting good community relations.
- Reviews and record facts of incidents to determine if criminal act, Tribal Law, or Tribal regulatory violations were involved.
- Renders aid to accident victims and other persons requiring first aid.
- Provides credible, testimony in court to present evidence or act as witness in traffic, criminal, and regulatory cases.
- Participates in planning, development, and management of Tribal Law Enforcement services.
- Assists the Tribal Law Enforcement Manager with public relations with the Rincon community to develop rapport, open lines of communication, and assist in resolving security concerns of those that reside on the Reservation.
- Assists in development of Tribal Law Enforcement policies, procedures, standards, and directives.
- Acts as a liaison with other Tribal Law Enforcement and law enforcement agencies.
- Acts as a catalyst to leverage technologies to assist the Tribal Law Enforcement function.
- Ensures efficient and effective response, and documentation of events.
- Prepares reports; gathers data and submits the information to improve safety.
- Responds to inquiries, investigates, observes and reports law enforcement related concerns.
- Participates in the development of department goals and objectives; recommends, implements, and follows policies and shares procedures to enhance “Best Practice” operations.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Emergency disaster response as requested.
- Demonstrates an awareness and appreciation of the cultural diversity of the community.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Adhere to safety standards and regulations of the Tribal Council.
- Handle all confidential and proprietary information in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Attends required meetings and trainings.
- Perform other related duties as required.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE AND/OR TRAINING
- Graduation from a U.S. high school, G.E.D. or equivalent from a U.S. institution, or a California High School Proficiency Examination (CHSPE) certificate is required.
- Five (5) years’ experience (preferred) directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Supervisory experience in security or law enforcement, highly desired.
- CPR and Basic First Aid Certifications (Preferred)
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS
The following license and certification are required to be maintained throughout employment and are not subject to waiver:
- Valid California Driver’s License. Must maintain a satisfactory driving record with the DMV.
- California Guard Card with Firearm Permit
- Chemical Agent Certification
- Experience in basic Tribal Law Enforcement patrol tactics.
- Experience working alongside various law enforcement agencies.
- Knowledge of generally accepted Law Enforcement “Best Practices.”
- Basic computers skills related to Word Processing and Internet/E-mail.
The Rincon Band of Luiseño Indians offers a comprehensive and competitive benefit package for full-time and qualifying part-time employees. Benefit include the following:
- Health & Wellness Coverage: Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) Accrual
- Holidays: Full-time employees and qualifying part-time employees are eligible for eleven (11) full paid holidays, and four (4) half day (4 hours) paid holidays.
- Comprehensive Annual Performance & Merit Reviews
- Job Training based on Business Needs
- Life and Long Term Disability: $100,000 employer paid Life Insurance and Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts: Healthcare and Dependent care reimbursement accounts
- Supplemental Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Supplemental Coverage: Disability, Accident, Cancer, Life and Hospital Confinement
- Retirement: 401(k) retirement plan with a generous employer match
- Company Events: Rincon Tribal Government holds great social events for employees and occasionally raffle many prizes.